Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Philosophical Thoughts: White Power - White Pride

I’m not one to try and change other people’s beliefs. I know I can’t change someone’s mind on something by telling them they’re wrong; the only way I could ever hope to change their minds would be to show them what I believe and hope they find their own way to the truth. I try very hard not to judge others for their beliefs, but every once in a while, this isn’t an easy task.


I received a flier for the Ku Klux Klan the other day. It was written as if it were an educational article, though reading it made me feel that I wasn’t the one needing education. Perhaps my own biases clouded my judgment, or it was spelling errors and typos that made me feel this way. In any case, I wasn’t motivated to join their cause.

According to the article, the KKK is:
  • An anti-communist organization working to uncover communist goals of a “one-world government.”
  • An anti-homosexual group exposing the “fagots’” true goal to create a large political base and to pervert our children (I’m not sure why a bundle of sticks would have these goals, or how that would have anything to do with homosexuals, but who am I to argue?).
  • A Christian Identity promoting their true Christian beliefs: 
    • The Bible is a history book of the white race. It is not true that our ancestors were liars and bigots and didn’t understand the Christian doctrine, as Judeo-Christians assert.
    • “Whites” are the true descendants of the Israelites of the bible, not the Jews.
    • Jesus Christ was not a Jew.
  • A Christian identity promoting their political beliefs:
    • Anti-Christ movements are working to bring about destruction of our race and country through civil rights laws, race-mixing, non-white integration in schools, and false propaganda that promotes equality and suggests that the mixing of races is normal when in fact it is a violation of God’s law.
    • Because of the government’s open border policy, Millions of non-white illegal aliens enter our country each year, taking jobs away from American citizens and spreading drugs and disease. 
    • Integration in our schools and neighborhoods creates suffering for the white race.  
The article explained that the Cross Lighting ceremony most people associate with the KKK is not a desecration of the cross, but a ceremony originating in Scotland that represents the light of truth through Jesus Christ, and freedom from tyranny.

The article also included statements like “we face the threat from Mexico and Central America which is prime for communist revolution,” “whites are now a minority and reverse discrimination is on the rise” and, my favorite, “we are being taxed to death to support these hordes of non-whites and their illegitimate children.” It asked readers to keep an open mind and invited them to join the KKK in their crusade; their only requirements are that you are 100% white, willing to learn, and have a true thirst for knowledge and truth. At the very bottom of the page, in large bold letters, was “White Power- White Pride.”

The paper only filled me with questions. How can people believe this? I don’t mind if you believe that Jesus wasn’t a Jew or that the white race is directly descended from the Israelites. I don’t mind if you believe that homosexuality is a sin or that the government is conspiring against our country (or whatever the theory is). What bother me is the generalization and blame. How can non-whites be the sole cause of drugs and disease? How does integration of races cause suffering? How can one believe that only non-whites and illegal immigrants are the sole cause of skyrocketing taxes? Are they really the only ones who have illegitimate children? How can someone ask readers to keep an open mind after blaming every problem in the world on every person who isn’t 100% white? Perhaps I could find the answers to these questions if I simply went to their website, but the thought of it makes my stomache churn. I guess I don't have an open enough mind to learn about their beliefs, and I really don't have a right to say anything about them.

All I know is what I have read in this article, and I am not impressed.  I wonder if this only represents a small group in the KKK, and there are KKK members that simply believe the basics here and don’t blame non-whites for all the problems in the world. I hope so. And I hope that anyone else that received this paper can see through the scare tactics and lies and see the truths that lie beneath. The website they listed in the letter is http://www.whitecamelia.com/. If you want to learn more; if you dare to look for truly open minds in the KKK, be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment