Thursday, July 23, 2009

Peter Piper

I'm currently working on illustrating a book... I got the idea in college when I had to illustrate a story, and I did "Hey Diddle Diddle, the cat and the fiddle..." and I thought, nobody knows their nursury rhymes any more, and it could be darn fun to illustrate them. So I created Peter Piper, who lives in a town where I hope several other nursury rhyme characters will soon reside. This is Peter, in a layout I made into a T-shirt for my mom. Haven't the slightest idea when I'll actually finish the illustrations, and even less idea if I can actually get it published, but I can always hope, and have fun in the process! :)











You may think it odd, but I had to name all the species that live in the town. Peter is a tullebork. Some other creatures in the town are toadsquirrels (the itchy guy), and mice (creative name, right?).


Then there are beakmice (splashing), ghilahorn pigs (that's the busdriver), and hooflers (there's a young one in the green shorts).
Hope you enjoy these few little guys, and someday maybe we'll have a whole book to enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. You are a remarkable talent and it would be a shame if you didn't get "discovered."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Maybe when I finish this book, I'll get some real business... In the meantime, though, I'm living life and enjoying sharing my talents with the people who already "discovered" me! Thanks always for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peter Piper - fun to see all these critters online. It would surely be fun to have that book for story time at the library

    ReplyDelete